“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
William Arthur Ward
Life will be different Post-COVID. Our team is standing in the freeway of deal flow sourcing high quality risk adjusted real estate investments.
Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing
- Ground up micro-unit apartments located in walkable neighborhoods. Affordable by design,
need based housing.
- Value-add multi-family repositioning – target high rent growth markets, “Follow the U-Haul”, < 150 units to reduce competition, stable growth
Covered Land Plays
- Acquire commercial assets at CAP rate valuations with exceptional upside potential through
redevelopment. Downside protection is provided through the existing income stream.
(Ex. Sorrento Mesa EMX). Opportunity through post-COVID market demand deviations.
- Significant reduction in retail, hospitality and possibly office is likely to create repositioning
opportunities. Acquire assets with “good bones” in need to CAPEX to satisfy current market
COVID Offensive Strategy
- Open air environments with less shared space. Need based approach (medical office,
affordable, less touch).
- Suburban and Infill
- Build to Suite
Residential less than 75 du/ac
- For Sale
- Mixed Use
- RV Park
- Adaptive Reuse
- Build to Suite
- Western United States, Emphasis on California
Our team is continually sourcing new opportunities and strategies
NOAH (Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing)
With the increasing affordability crisis occurring throughout the state of California, our team is focusing on developing ground-up rental housing communities that are still affordable to the workforce; “the missing middle”. Though most developers since the Great Recession have been focused on large scale, high-amenity luxury apartment housing, we believe – through thoughtful design and locations where the neighborhood is the amenity – we can provide a more affordable housing stock.
Our general acquisition parameters are as follows:
- Infill Locations
- Land Area: 15,000+ sf lots
- Unit Count: 20+ units
- Density: Up to 75 du/ac
With a keen eye for underutilized real estate, our team specializes in reinventing commercial properties. Either through simple repurposing or complete ground-up redevelopment, we create a vision and follow through in reshaping neighborhoods.
Key attributes include:
- Price range: $2-$30mm
- Vacant or Occupied
- Retail, Office, Residential, and some Industrial
- Areas desired: General Plan Update or Specific Plan in process